Courgette Cream Soup
Tip:This is a quick, easy, and low-calorie recipe. Nevertheless, it is delicious and comforting. This creamy soup is ideal as an appetizer or starter. But if we add one or two boiled eggs, it can be considered a light main course. It can also be frozen. One of the main ingredients is basil. This ingredient contains an essential oil rich in estragole, eucalyptol, eugenol, flavonoids, and saponins. It aids digestion, diminishing flatulence, abdominal bloating, and gastrointestinal cramps. It also prevents fluid retention. Pop-up: once ready, it can be garnished with a bit of olive oil and lemon zest.
40 minutes 4 servings
- Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Add three tablespoons of olive oil, chopped onion, and garlic to a saucepan. Cook until they are golden brown.
- Add the diced courgettes. Turn the heat up to medium-high until they are golden brown.
- Stir, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. This will allow the vegetables to cook in their juice.
- After 10 minutes, add some water or vegetable bouillon to make the soup silkier. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat, add fresh basil and grind the mixture in a blender until obtaining a homogeneous creamy soup.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Five courgettes
- Two garlic cloves
- One onion
- A bunch of fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Water or vegetable bouillon