Our in-house Chef brings us today a super easy to make recipe with aubergine. It is a fascinating ingredient due to its 92.6% water content and high fiber. It contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, C, folic acid, which helps strengthen the immune system and improve resistance to disease. It is rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus, which may help prevent arthritis, osteoporosis and heart disease.
Tip:The main ingredient of this recipe is aubergine. It is a fascinating ingredient due to its 92.6% water content.
60 minutes 4 servings
- Place five tablespoons of olive oil and two garlic cloves in the blender and grind. Set aside.
- Slice the aubergines horizontally. They should look like a fan.
- Coat the aubergine slices with the oil and garlic sauce. Add salt.
- Cook the aubergines in the oven for 40 minutes at 180ºC. Remove and leave to cool.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Once cool, insert the tomato slices, the Serrano ham slices, and the cheese slices between the folds of the aubergines. Sprinkle with your favourite spices.
- And grate a little cheese for the gratin.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove when the cheese has melted.
- Two aubergines
- Three large sliced tomatoes
- Two garlic cloves
- Five slices of your favourite cheese
- Five slices of Serrano ham
- Spices to taste
- Olive oil